Friday 3 February 2017

Rivetting!

Here at the Institute of Being Inordinately Pleased with Small Achievements(IBIPSA) we would like to report that we are currently experiencing an unprecedented, almost unfeasible blip in the BIP levels due to the events of the morning.

Rivets!!

They're brilliant!

They let you join bits of leather with a hammer!
Spoiler alert! - finished product.  














Not sure if life can hold more!

Certainly it can't hold more short sentences or screamers, lest the nice men in lab coats come and give me lollies to make me quie. So let me calm down, take a deep breath, and recap.

This morning, I was a woman with a problem. I had a new, non-missing (this bit is important) key, and no way to keep it not missing.  Being present at the time of unlocking is pretty fundamental to the role of a key, I find, and I also find it to be the part of the deal that my keys have been failing in of late. Often, I only need one key, for historical reasons I won't go into here, but this also means that if this single key is not a reliably present key then I have a big lockedoutness problem.

I needed a keyring that was not too big, not too small, not too heavy, etc etc so that I could have the key in a pocket, or in my bag.  Alone or with other keys. The previous solution of a key and a split ring was not enough.

Enter rivets (along, Imust admit, with some other contents of a wellstocked haberdashery drawer).This afternoon I'm no longer a woman with a problem.  I'm now a woman with a hammer!





And hopefully a key, given that I can now clip it to anything.  


No comments:

Post a Comment