Sunday 5 August 2012


It is hard to run a sewing blog without having sewing in it!   

There will be sewing in its future, just can’t do any yet. However, though we lack ghosts of sewing present, there are certainly ghosts of sewing past, as well as dreams of sewing future to be considered.  Today I’m thinking of projects to make when I have two working arms again.  As soon as I did this to myself, my great long list of winter projects just evaporated from my head.  Winter 2012, for me, was over as soon as I hit the ground.  I couldn’t even tell you what I wanted to make any more, it’s as if they had never even entered my mind. So all my sewing plans are for the summer to come.


Luckily I already have a looong wishlist for summer.  I’m obsessed with striped trousers and soft white blouses with red contrast embroidery –possibly (or not)worn together.  I can’t be arsed with joining pinterest and I’m not even sure if what I picture is out there – in fact I slightly hope it’s not. .So it’s clipart time  I want these:
Burda 2011.06.123


 


 
In (something like this from Mood, I can't seem to attach an image as blogger won't let me - new to this, is that a faux pas?)- striped denim or twill, but wider stripes and preferably in reds and purples.  I know that stripes are supposed to be widening but goddamnit that’s what I want.  And I suspect that’s wide even stripes, pundits.  Anyway, as I usually approach summer clothing with the apparent belief that I’m going to spent my time on the deck of a cruise ship sipping cocktails and laughing in the sunset, even mad clown pants could be more practical.  So that’s what I’m going to do.  One day soon.  Hmm, maybe I should get the ball rolling and cruise over to mood to order some.  After, I only need one good arm to sign for parcels....

1 comment:

  1. i like it your work....
    click it...: http://www.weaveron.com/

    ReplyDelete